PVC (vinyl) cling film has been widely and commercially used since the 1950’s to wrap and protect foods such as vegetable, fruit, meat, biscuit, etc. It offers a high clarity, puncture resistant packaging solution that keeps food fresher for longer, allows for quick, visual identification and has literally revolutionised the food industry. Vinyl cling film is food grade and manufactured from polyvinyl chloride and is available in various thicknesses, widths, and specifications
Benefits of PVC Clingfilm
- Vinyl cling film possesses various unique features, such as hygienic, vapour- proof, anti-static etc.
- Cling film’s overriding brand benefit and promise is freshness. It is useful for wrapping a variety of cooked food, fruits, vegetables, dairy products, sweets, meat, seafood and a whole lot more.
- It preserves the moisture and aroma in foods wrapped in it and keeps cooked food, fruits and vegetables fresh and juicy.
- Vinyl cling film ensures lock-tight freshness. Food grade, self-sealing, stretchable and hygienic, PVC cling film ensures freshness for domestic as well as institutional applications
- High rate O2 and CO2 transmission and excellent moisture retention
SAVA’s Cling film Compliance Framework creates a detailed guidance document whereby industry members:
- Sign a Declaration of Compliance (DoC) that all raw materials, intermediates and substances used in the manufacture of their vinyl cling film, have been Food Approved
- Agree to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Agree to the use of correct and approved labelling codes together with “Intended Use” information
- Agree to have their products and documents at every level in supply chain audited by an independent SAVA representative under a signed NDA
Meeting these standards will be supported by SAVA’s Vinyl-dot brand as a sign of excellence that gives end-users of locally manufactured vinyl products immediate peace of mind and consumer confidence.