Over the last decade flooring tends have changed and adapted considerably. In keeping with the end users’ needs for flooring to be easy to clean and maintain, beautiful, comfortable underfoot and environmentally conscious, vinyl floors have developed to meet all of these demands and more – making it the ideal solution for the busy business or home owner of the 2020’s.
Ten years ago, Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT’s) and modern vinyl sheeting were still relatively new in the market. Most people pictured the ugly, dated linoleum floors that characterised the 1970’s and 80’s. Today, vinyl flooring has evolved more than any other type of flooring available on the market and is popular for use in residential, commercial, hospitality and education environments.
Benefits of vinyl floors
- Safe: slip resistant, flame retardant, slow to burn and self-extinguishes
- Extremely hygienic: an impervious surface ensures no bacteria can collect or penetrate the surface
- Excellent cost vs. performance ratio: the initial costs are offset by the product’s long lifespan
- Hard wearing and durable
- Fully water resistant
- Stain resistant
- Comfortable under foot
- Versatile – can be used in a variety of applications for various industries
- Environmentally friendly
- Economical to maintain: Low use of water or cleaning chemicals during product maintenance
- Lower use of energy during manufacturing than other products
- Lower carbon footprint than most other products
- Excellent BRE ratings
- Minimal off gassing – very low VOC emissions
- 100% recyclable
If there’s one area where the flooring industry is experiencing growth and change, it’s the “green market”. Specifiers are demanding floors that are environmentally responsible, sustainable and recyclable. Manufacturers of vinyl flooring continue to be innovative with regards to sustainability achievements.
SAVA members who proudly display the Vinyl. Product Label offer their customers and other end-users the assurance that their product ranges have been awarded the quality mark in adherence to SAVA’s Product Stewardship Commitment in that they are lead-free, only use additives that have been approved for high human contact applications and are recyclable.